How to Integrate Social Media with my Website
Social media channels and a website should work seamlessly together to promote a brand online.
Aside from simply linking to your social media sites from your website there’s plenty you can do to get your social media and website working together.
Here are some suggestions:
- Include links on each page of website to social media channels and use calls to action at relevant places in the website for people to interact with you on social media
- Make it clear what social media sites you are on and make it easy for people to navigate to those sites. Ensure someone from the company is present on the social media sites to answer questions and guide users to information they are seeking – if you don’t do it then your competitors may jump in
- Monitor social media analytics to see what content people are interacting with, what links they are clicking on and include more of this type of content on your social channels and also on your website
- Make the design of your website social media friendly – don’t just have static content on the site. Include social media feeds, blogs, news pages which will all encourage sharing on social media
- Include share buttons on content which people are likely to want to share with others – but don’t overdo it as this can dilute the effect
- Integrate reviews from social media sites such as Facebook and Google+ into the website
- Host events on your website and/or social media such as web chats, online seminars. The personal details gathered from the people (with their permission) attending these events can then be used to contact them later to aid lead generation
- Use social media advertising to gain followers or promote products/promotions
- Include opportunities for people to have conversations and ask questions on your website – such as a forum or comment boxes – so that conversations are not taking place out of your control on social media (which could be hijacked by your competition)
- Companies with impressive followings on social media should use a like button with a counter which shows how many followers they have – this acts as social proof that the company has advocates
- Ensure updates on social media are branded so that people start to identify with the company – use consistent hashtags and brand pictures and content
- Carry the keywords being targeted on the website for SEO through to social channels – ensure these are used in profiles and in updates
To discuss how you can integrate social media with your website please get in contact with us.